Monday, July 12, 2010

Well, it's Monday. It's been a Monday ALL day long! Jackson started swimming lessons today and he informed me that he could "touch da bottom of dat poo-ul" without his "froatie!" :) That kid makes me smile daily! When I got home from work this afternoon, he and Stetson were already back in the pool showing off their skills! Stetson took swimming lessons last summer and was swimming like a fish on the second day. Jackson was terrified of the water last year so I was afraid at what this week might hold. Thankfully, I was told (by my mother in law who is taking him AND by big brother who thought he had to take on the supervisor role) that he (Jackson) did great! That was definetly an answer to prayer.

This weekend has been a lazy weekend for us. We pretty much stayed home and did a whole lot of NOTHING and it felt great! It seems that here lately it's been go go go and to have nowhere that we HAD to be, it was wonderful to say the least! We did manage to make a quick trip to Wal*Mart and pick up a school supply list. That makes me kind of sad...my sweet man is going to 2nd grade--which means he is growing up on me! We were talking the other night about who he thought his teacher might be and he informed me that "any of them will be ok cause they are all good!"
 
Posted by Picasa
Isn't he so handsome! :)

On another note, ZC still has another year to prepare for Hurricane Jackson! :) I can only hope that next year he will be out of the whole "I wanna be a superhero and wear my costume to school over my clothes everyday of the week" stage. He did let his Spiderman and Superman costumes rest last week.He was IronMan instead! he has such a vivid imagination and he is SO funny! There is never a dull moment around our house for sure and I wouldn't have it any other way!


I guess I will finish this post up by posting a few things the boys have said over the past few days...you may not enjoy them, however, I want to be able to remember them and smile.

Stephen: Jackson come here buddy, you have a bite on your back. Come here and let me see what it is.
Jackson: But I can't see it. (starts pouting) Dad, can Jesus take my head off so I can dat bump and then he can tape it back on when i'm finish?!

Seriously!?! How do you respond to THAT?!

While we were watching the Braves vs Mets game the other night
Me to Stephen: Hey, isnt that Jeff Francouer? I thought he played with the Braves
Stephen: Yeah, they traded him last year
Stetson: I guess they just didn't appreciate him huh!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment