Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthdays and Babies

Wow! I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post. Lots of stuff has happened since then. Jackson, Stetson and I have all 3 celebrated birthdays this month! :) Jackson turned 4 on June 2... we celebrated with a "Scooby Doo" birthday party at the park! I celebrated my 27th birthday at VBS! ha.. we just so happened to be in VBS the week of my birthday so, my sweet husband threw me a suprise party after the session on Tuesday night! My wonderful church family was in on it and they pulled one over on me which is VERY hard to do! I guess since I was born DURING VBS way back when, it's only fitting that my birthday fall on VBS week every year...and YES, I am reminded EACH year by my brother that the year I was born was the only year he did not get perfect attendance at bible school! :) Stetson celebrated his 7th birthday in Atlanta this year. He didn't get to make all-stars because of the 7 yr age limit ( tournaments started the 25th, he turned 7 on the 27th! )soooo... we spent the weekend in Atlanta! We went up on Friday after I got off work, went to the Aquarium and the World of Coke on Saturday...both of those were an all day affair. Sunday morning, (his actual birthday), we went to see the Braves vs. Detroit. They lost! Stetson was happy nonetheless...he got several autographs on a baseball AND Eric O'Flaherty (pitcher) threw him a ball during practice and he caught it! If all this wasn't enough, he even got to run the bases after the game! "The same bases that Chipper runs on", he said. My neice, Heidi, went with us. They had a great time... they are 2 peas in a pod and always have been. I was very happy to get back home to my Jackson! I missed him oh so much and per his Nanny, he missed me too!
My babies celebrating birthdays is kinda sad to me... they re growing up! I remember the days they were born in great detail, just as if it were yesterday! Thank you God for these precious blessings and please help me never to take a moment with them for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment