Sunday, July 18, 2010

Suprise!

Suprises.... I don't like em! I never have.. probably never will! On Friday, Stephen sent me a text asking me if I would be leaving work early or if we would be working until regular time. This summer has been slow so Dr. Bang has been letting us slip out a little early on Friday's. For some reason, this Friday was different, he wanted us to stay until 5, or so he said. Anyway, I told Stephen that we wouldn't be leaving early and he told me ok, but not to make any plans. Ooooookay.. I asked him to elaborate, but he told me he couldn't, but he just didn't want me to make any plans. I eventually pestered him enough until he told me he had dinner plans for us. Ok.. no biggie...but what about the boys? He then informed me he had them "taken care of." By whom I asked, and he wouldnt budge anything... needless to say, I was getting rather frustrated at this point and he knew it! :) He ended up revealing to me that they were gonna be with Nanny and Grandaddy and that eased my mind some. No biggie, right?!?

Anyway, around 4:00, Dr. Bang gave us a project to do and then said when we finished, we could leave at 4:30. So all 4 of us got busy, worked together and finished out project and before we knew it, it was 4:30 and we were finished. We locked up the front door, turned the answering machine on and gathered our keys and I made my way out the back door. As i'm walking out to my car, I BBM (blackberry messenger) Stephen with this simple statement: "leavin now". I get no response from Stephen so I get in my car and head to 84 headed home. Right as I turn on 84, I get a text that says "WAIT".. WAIT?!? I'm already headed home.. I get home, go inside and no sooner than I have been home MAYBE 5 minutes, the front door opens and Stephen (who is NOT wearing the same clothes he wore to work) comes inside and hands me a single red rose and a typed letter that stated:
Heather: This is a very special invitation for you to join me for a very romantic evening. Plans have been made and everything has been set. This will be an evening dedicated to celebrating out upcoming 8th wedding anniversary. The boys are packed and ready to stay with Nanny and Grandaddy. Everything has been set and all that's left for now is a quick trip home to freshen up, and maybe even pack an overnight bag. I love you very much and I've gone through quite a bit to plan this evening and keep it a suprise up to this point. I love you, Stephen

Come to find out, the reason for the "WAIT" was because he was at the florist in Opp, getting the rose.. he was on his way to suprise me with it and the invitation at work! He had left his phone in his car and didn't get my message in enough time! So... he ended up getting the message about 2 minutes AFTER I had left work! Isn't that sweet!! NEverthe less, it all worked out! He had dinner planned for us and even reserved us a night at a Bed and Breakfast which was WONDERFUL! I was very suprised and very much impressed that he had everything so well planned out, even to packing the boys overnight bags! :)
We will celebrate 8 years of marriage this upcoming Tuesday the 20th. We have been blessed! It hasnt always been easy, but we've made it! I guess it's true, some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers! :)
More pictures to come next week as we celebrate! :)

1 comment: